Wednesday 15 June 2016

3 and a Half Year Journey into Quilling


It has been 3 and a half years since my foray into this beautiful journey of quilling. Having had no connect with anything related to art for all of my adult life, it has been a transformative experience. 


It all happened when i chanced upon the work of Yulia Brodskaya (check out http://www.artyulia.co.uk/). She is without doubt the best quilling artist out there. Within an hour, I cut up some paper strips, and using a thick plastic quilling tool from my son's set, I tried out this one.


I was very displeased with the result but then, it was my first attempt at quilling. I have become better at it but am nowhere as good as some of the some of the awe inspiring quilling artists I see on the web. I thank all of them for continuously inspiring me to try harder.


This one was made in October 2012





After that I tried another of Yulia's work




And then I felt I was ready to set out on my journey into the quilling world by doing my own work.

1 comment: